Belhaven University, a Christian university committed to the ministry of integrating biblical truth and learning, is searching for the ideal candidate for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Dance who has a heart for Christ Jesus and students at the Jackson, Mississippi campus.
Teach modern dance and/or ballet technique as well as choreography and two of the following at the undergraduate and graduate level: dance history, teaching methods, somatics, jazz, and/or research and writing for dance. The candidate will be expected to choreograph for the Belhaven University Dance Ensemble and/or Dance Ministry Ensemble main stage concerts as well as assist with coordinating dance productions and performances on and off campus. Responsibilities also include supervising student projects, advising undergraduate and graduate students, and assisting in administrative duties.
MFA in Dance required; ideal candidates will have a record of success in higher education and a national and/or international professional reputation as a performer, choreographer, or dance scholar. Applicants should provide evidence of effective collaboration with colleagues. Applicants must be able to fully support the University vision, mission and statement of faith and contribute to the spiritual and academic fellowship of the University.
Compensation and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University supplements major medical insurance. A 403b retirement plan is available for eligible employees to contribute pre-tax dollars with Belhaven University matching up to 8% of annual salary.
- Letter of intent, including explanation of your interest in Christian higher education, and how your
background fulfills each of the Responsibilities and Qualifications described above
- Three to four paragraph statement of how you would integrate the Biblical worldview into all
- Please prepare a brief account (no more than 750 words) of your spiritual pilgrimage including the time
and circumstances surrounding your becoming a believer in Christ and your current relationship with
Christ. Describe your personal faith in a non-creedal form.
- Please click on this link –
http://www.belhaven.edu/belhaven/employment_pdfs/LetterOfEmploymentCommitment.pdf – to review
Belhaven University’s Commitment Statement including our employee expectations. Should you receive
a job offer, you will be asked to sign accepting this commitment.
- Describe how you are active currently in a local church
- Names of four references (including your local pastor) – please provide phone numbers, addresses and
nature of relationship
- Official transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate)
- List any licenses or certifications
- Video links featuring three complete dance works choreographed by the applicant
Send to: Krista Bower, Chair of the Dance Department, at email@example.com