Southern Utah University invites applicants for the position of Associate Director of Arts Administration/Assistant Professor to begin August 2018. Tenure status will be based on education and experience. SUU is seeking an arts administration professional with particular experience in fund development and management. The Associate Director will teach courses in Fund Development, Grant Writing, Board Relations, Arts Advocacy, Cultural Policy, Strategic Planning, Financial Management, Legal Issues, Performing & Visual Arts Studies, and Event Planning, depending on professional experience. The Associate Director will also serve as academic advisor to students in the Arts Administration program (both graduate and undergraduate), as well as help to direct and shape the future of Arts Administration at SUU.
The Arts Administration Program includes two graduate degree tracks (a residency Master of Fine Arts and a Master of Arts taught online) and an undergraduate minor. The program was founded in 2001, and its graduates have gone on to leadership positions across the country. Visit Southern Utah University’s Arts Administration website for more detailed information: www.suu.edu/pva/aa
GENERALDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To teach graduate and undergraduate courses in Arts Administration, both on-campus and online.
2. To assist the Program Director in the administration of the Arts Administration Program.
3. To advise Arts Administration students in both the Graduate program and in the Undergraduate Minor
4. To serve on Department, College, and University Committees.
5. A professional commitment, scholarly activity, service to the department, college, and university are expected and required for rank advancement and tenure considerations.
6. Other assignments as determined by the Arts Administration Program Director and the Dean of the College of Performing & Visual Arts.
1. A terminal degree in Arts Administration or related field. This position will also consider professional experience of highly qualified arts administrators who hold other academic degrees; others may not hold any academic degree. In such cases, the applicant’s experience and expertise must be at least equivalent to those required for a terminal degree in the field.
2. Experience in teaching several of the following: Fund Development, Grant Writing, Board Relations, Arts Advocacy, Cultural Policy, Strategic Planning, Financial Management, Legal Issues, Performing & Visual Arts Studies, and Event Planning.
3. Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills, and a solid record of teaching excellence.
4. In accordance with Utah State Code 53B-1-110, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
1. A background in the Visual Arts and Museum Management.
2. Experience in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students in practical application situations, such as assistantships and capstone projects.
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Arts Administration Hiring Committee Human Resources Southern Utah University 351 W University Blvd