The School of Architecture and Planning at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York (SUNY), invites candidates to serve as the Peter Reyner Banham Fellow. The Peter Reyner Banham Fellowship is a one-year visiting faculty position at the University at Buffalo. In celebration of Banham’s legacy of experimental criticism, this fellowship is intended to support the research and creative activity of emerging scholars and design practitioners.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Teach a design studio and an elective course each semester for the duration of the one-year fellowship;
- Develop a research and/or design project that draws connections to Peter Reyner Banham’s work;
- Provides students with appropriate learning materials and expertise in assigned subjects;
- Evaluates students’ performance and provide effective feedback to guide student learning and success;
- Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative environment;
- Deliver a public lecture and/or prepare an exhibition or other event that culminates the research, teaching, and/or creative work conducted while in residence at the school.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.