The Arts Management Program in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University at Buffalo is hiring an Assistant Director to provide operational and administrative management of the program. The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- recruitment and advisement of students
- implementing and teaching courses related to student-managed Art Space
- organizing and teaching the program’s fieldwork course
- contributing to the academic direction of the program
- providing operational and administrative support to the faculty Director
The Program seeks to provide opportunities including academic classes, experiential learning opportunities, site visits, and curated week long intensives for students to actively discover, discuss, and explore through application the intersections of theory and practice. The incumbent, in collaboration with the faculty Academic Director and affiliate faculty, will ensure this vision is implemented administratively. The successful candidate will have extensive administrative experience in university settings, arts and cultural organizations, and will have an intimate knowledge of the WNY region’s burgeoning arts and cultural scene.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proven ability to balance competing interests while handling sensitive conversations and data.
- 5 or more years of university administrative experience including fluency in university systems and extensive nonprofit leadership experience.
- Experience in event development and coordination in university forums and/or not-for-profit arts institutions.
- Demonstrable work in forging collaborations amongst community or university groups is desirable.