The Department of Visual Arts within the Division of Arts and Humanities at UC San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and student body.
We are seeking applicants for Temporary Lecturer position(s) in all areas of the Visual Arts Department including
- Studio Art (painting, sculpture, drawing, performance and hybrid practices)
- Interdisciplinary Computing in the Arts
- Speculative Design (basic electronics, physical computing and controllers, time based multimedia public performance with processing and/or PD, Arduino and Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred)
- Media (digital film / video, photography, multimedia installation, audio visual performance and sound design)
- Art History/Criticism (Western and Non-Western, including, but not limited to, Chinese, Renaissance, Baroque/Early Modern, and
Appointment(s) may be part-time, full-time, quarterly or annual, with the possibility of renewal. Positions available beginning the 2021/2022 academic year.
Applicants must have a BFA, MFA and/or PhD in Studio Art, Interdisciplinary Computing in the Arts and Speculative Design, Media, Art History/Criticism or other related field is required prior to the time of appointment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in teaching and scholarship and/or professional recognition. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong and/or potential accomplishments in areas contributing to diversity, equity and inclusion, and a desire to play a leadership role in advancing UC San Diego’s commitment to achieving excellence and diversity.
This position does not provide work visa sponsorship (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on published UC pay scales.
To apply, please access RECRUIT, our electronic system at https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02503
Applicants are required to also submit a separate personal statement summarizing past or potential contributions to diversity.
Please reference position number POOL-2021-2022 on all correspondence.