The School of Film, Dance and Theatre at Arizona State University seeks a full-time Instructor, Post Production in Film, for the 2019-20 academic year. The Instructor, Post Production, will teach post-production classes including AVID Media Composer classes. These classes are required for film majors and classes typically have full enrollment. Other courses include: Introduction to VFX, focusing on the Adobe After Effects program as utilized by professional companies for visual effects from Hollywood to all types of professional, educational and corporate video work; and Advanced VFX classes interest.
For more information about the school of Film, Dance, and Theatre please visit filmdancetheatre.asu.edu/.
- Master’s Degree in film or a related field of study;
- Minimum of two years teaching media composition in higher education or equivalent professional teaching experience in diverse settings;
- Demonstrated excellence in educating or working with university-level diverse populations and promoting equity;
- Experience in film and media content creation.
- Experience or demonstrated potential and interest in teaching creative practices, somatic practice, movement research or socially engaged practices courses;
- Experience in visual effects in production;
- Industry experience 15 plus years.
Instructions to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a small teaching portfolio, and contact information for three (3) professional references. All applications must be submitted electronically.
All applications must be submitted electronically via http://apply.interfolio.com/63155.
The application deadline is June 14, 2019; if not filled, reviews will occur every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed.