Digital and Interactive Media
The University of Waikato Joint Institute at Zhejiang University City College (NZUWI), based in China
We are proud of our Joint Institute at Zhejiang University City College which is designated as an Institute authorised to deliver NZ (University of Waikato) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited degrees. Currently the Institute offers undergraduate degrees in Finance, Interface Design and Media Design. All teaching is conducted in English. Into its fourth year of operation, the Institute has an enrolment of more than 1,000 students.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic academic to work in Hangzhou in China joining our team of 15 staff to contribute to teaching and supervision on courses in the area of Digital Media on the Bachelor of Design delivered by the School of Arts (University of Waikato).
The Bachelor of Design (BDes) combines media and visual communication courses with design courses. The degree has been created through a unique partnership between the School of Arts and the School of Computing. This role will entail teaching in the areas of visual culture, digital arts, digital culture and interactive media.
If you have a passion to live in China whilst being an employee of an Internationally ranked University, this job is for you! Full requirements of the position are detailed in the position description, however the main essential requirements are to have:
- a relevant Masters degree for the Professional Teaching Fellow position
- a PhD for the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer position
- demonstrated developing research profile with at least two or more publications for the Lecturer position
- a demonstrated internationally recognised research profile with at least five or more publications as well as supervision experience and the ability to attract research funding for the position of Senior Lecturer
- knowledge of theory and practice in the areas of digital media production, animation and interactive media (digital games and virtual reality (VR)
- demonstrated experience in both lecturing and facilitating creative workshops with large groups of students, experience of teaching across cultures and the ability to work with students for whom English is not their first language
- knowledge of digital media in both Chinese and global contexts, will be a considerable advantage.
Benefits and Salary
A competitive benefits package is also on offer for the appointee (and partner and dependent children where relevant) which includes either on campus accommodation or a contribution towards accommodation, a contribution towards relocation and international school tuition fees, payment for work visa and medical insurance costs and one return economy airfare per annum to return to home country. For full details of these benefits please refer to the position description.
Current salary range will be in the range of CNY350,000 to CNY535,000 per year, dependent on level of position and qualifications, skills and experience.
We are looking for someone to commence in 2021 in China and the appointment will be a foreign expert, with employment compliant with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment as a foreign expert with regard to obtaining work permits and visas.
For more information about the School of Arts please visit: https://www.waikato.ac.nz/fass/about/school-of-arts
Closing Date: 23 April 2021
Vacancy Number: 410083
For further information and to apply online, please visit: http://www.jobs.waikato.ac.nz