Bowling Green State University. The Digital Arts Division of the School of Art invites applications for a probationary tenure-track Assistant Professor (full-time, 9-month) in the area of Digital 2D Animation, plus Character Design, Concept/Visual Development, and/or Digital Illustration. Start date is August 2024. The Assistant Professor will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Digital 2D Animation, plus 2D Character Design, Concept/Visual Development, and/or Digital Illustration. This position requires active participation in supporting student success through curriculum development, advising, recruitment, and institutional service roles while maintaining an active creative research agenda.
Submit Application materials* - Cover letter, Curriculum vitae, Names and contact information of three professional references, Portfolio of professional work, and Samples of student work that support evidence of teaching excellence by December 15, 2023 to https://www.bgsu.edu/human-resources/careers.html. For further information about the program or the position, please contact Bart Woodstrup, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
*Submission Instructions: Application materials must also include a PDF portfolio (50 Mb limit) of professional work (from industry, research, and/or fine art) comprising 10-20 images and links to time-based media. Also, include 10-15 samples of student work (images and links to time-based media) with a short statement describing the assignment criteria (if applicable). Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer . We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MFA degree or equivalent in Digital Arts, animation, or a related discipline (e.g. illustration, or sequential art)
- College-level teaching experience (including teaching assistantships) or equivalent professional industry experience (animation, gaming, or illustration)
- Emerging professional research/exhibition record, as exemplified by size or scope of audiences reached
- Demonstrated knowledge of traditional and/or experimental 2D animation and Illustration in relation to fine arts as exemplified in the submitted portfolio
- Proficiency with animation and digital illustration processes, techniques and software as exemplified in the submitted
- 2 years teaching experience at the college level
- Expertise in 2D animation, stop-motion, motion graphics, concept / visual development, storyboarding, and compositing
- Expertise in character design and digital painting
- Expertise in 3D animation
- Experience in other areas within the field of Digital Arts and/or teaching art foundations classes.
- Experience teaching/advising graduate students.
- Knowledge of the history of animation