The successful candidate will teach in the Department of Theatre and Dance, including classes for the Acting/Directing BFA, BA, BS, and BAA undergraduate programs and advise students on projects and productions specifically focused in the area of Acting/Directing. Applicants should possess a strong background in Acting and Directing, as well as a passion for developing new work, and remain current in the field with regard to evolving styles and techniques. The candidate should also possess a willingness to work with a collaborative spirit within a team of faculty with varied approaches and a proven ability to teach beginning and advanced Theatre courses. The candidate will also regularly direct in the University Theatre season.
· Terminal degree and/or an equivalent record of professional accomplishments in the field
· Evidence of supporting, teaching, and/or mentoring emerging artists in the classroom and the field
· Experience in Directing at the University level or higher
· Evidence of successfully promoting an environment that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Evidence of successful collaboration
· Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex‐based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie).
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.