University of Idaho
Temporary Faculty - Guitar
College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
The Lionel Hampton School of Music's Temporary Faculty-Guitar position is a temporary, non-tenure-track, nine-month appointment starting Fall 2020. This position teaches guitar individual instruction for music majors and minors at both undergraduate and graduate levels, guitar ensembles, guitar class, history of rock and roll and other duties assigned based on needs of department and strengths of the candidate.
- Doctorate/terminal degree in teaching discipline or closely related discipline.
- Record of success as a studio teacher, ensemble director, or classroom teacher.
- Evidence of performance ability at a professional level.
- Record of success teaching guitar at the collegiate level.
- Experience as a jazz performer/educator.
- Experience with music technology.
- Ability to teach other courses depending on candidates experience and the needs of the department.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Review of applications will begin on August 3, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.