- Full time continuing
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in building science
- Academic Level B or C, Base Salary $110,856 - $156,579 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning is a top 25 ranked school in the field of architecture/built environment (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021). We are an internationally acknowledged centre for intellectual, scientific and creative research, and attract the highest quality scholars in Australia. We have one of Australia’s best university laboratory infrastructures for research and design in the built environment, including our Lighting Lab, Spatial Audio and Acoustics Lab, and the Indoor Environmental Quality Lab. Additionally, we have a major, ongoing investment in our Design Modelling and Fabrication Lab, including architectural robotics.
Our breadth of disciplinary expertise enables us to respond to one of the significant global challenges of our time – urbanisation and sustainability. Building on our history of establishing the world’s first Chair of Architectural Science in 1954, this position will contribute to our internationally recognised excellence in using scientific methods to understand and improve the built environment.
The University of Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning is seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecture in Building Science, whose role will be to:
- teach in the High-Performance Buildings and Sustainable Design streams of the Master of Architectural Science, as well as the Bachelor of Architecture and Environments. Teaching responsibilities will include the coordination and delivery in whole or part of selected core and elective units
- develop an internationally recognised research program (including seeking funding, publishing in high quality international outlets, and supervising high-quality PhD candidates) in at least one of: building performance, intelligent buildings (including applications such as sensing technologies, data science, building information modelling, statistical modelling, machine learning), building services, life cycle assessment
- work collaboratively to support the governance of the School and University.
We are looking for a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Building Science who possesses:
- a completed PhD in building science or a similar field
- a demonstrated track record of successful lecturing, coordination, and curriculum development in building science in undergraduate or postgraduate architecture programs
- a developing high-quality research program in one or a combination of: building performance, intelligent buildings (including applications such as sensing technologies, data science, building information modelling, statistical modelling, machine learning), building services, life cycle assessment
- a track record of publishing in high quality international peer reviewed outlets and capacity to attract external research funding
- a network of international research and industry relationships
- experience in higher degree research supervision and research mentoring
- a collegial approach and willingness to contribute to academic governance, engagement, and administration.
Please state in your cover letter the level of the role you wish to apply for (Level B or C) and the reason why you are best suited to this level.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Visa sponsorship would be considered for successful candidate.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rae Hao, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Sunday 10 July 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply
© The University of Sydney