Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts' mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts' campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
The School of the Museum of Fine Arts is a vibrant interdisciplinary art school within Tufts University. The school has facilities located in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston (adjacent to the Museum of Fine Arts), in the Mission Hill neighborhood of Boston, and on the Tufts Medford campus. SMFA students choose from a nearly all-elective studio curriculum, without declaring medium-specific majors, and many identify as interdisciplinary artists.
SMFA at Tufts is committed to building a culturally diverse and equitable educational environment. We strongly encourage applications from candidates belonging to groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education, including women, racial and ethnic minorities, differently abled people, and members of the LGBTQIA community.
What You'll Do
The School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University seeks applications for a full time Studio Manager in Media Arts.
The Studio Manager manages and maintains Media Arts studios ensuring that they are equipped, supplied, and configured to support the academic and creative goals of faculty and students. The Studio Manager provides technical support, consultation, and training to faculty and students with complex and technically advanced projects from initial concept to final product.
Successful candidates will have:
- A deep commitment to cultivating an educational environment that welcomes and equitably supports users of all experience levels, creative interests, learning styles, and identities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clarity, generosity, and patience.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated ability to enthusiastically support students with a wide range of projects across multiple art media and technological processes.
- Experience in the production, post-production, and exhibition of media work within a fine arts context-- in the gallery and in the theater.
- An understanding of art school pedagogy and experimental art production.
- Strong proficiency and the ability to provide technical training in at least two of the following media areas: animation, video, film, sound, and digital media.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by completing a Bachelor's degree in fine arts or a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of related professional experience related to studio area
- Work independently and troubleshoot problems with minimal supervision
- Proficient written, verbal and interpersonal skills in order to work pleasantly and tactfully with a diverse community including fellow employees, faculty, students and staff.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload and schedule in a wide variety of settings and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver professional customer service, end user training and consultation, effective team and project work.
- Master's degree in the fine arts or related field
- Experience in delivering training or instruction
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.