Position: Assistant/Associate Professor, tenure track, nine-month appointment
* Teach studio/lab/lecture courses in two or more of the following areas:
* CAD and 3D visualization technologies for apparel design studio
* Creative and functional design for apparel product development studio
* Portfolio development for apparel designers (lecture and lab)
* Apparel industry including sewn product manufacturing (lecture and lab)
* Actively pursue a program of scholarship that emphasizes creative work but can include research.
* Pursue grant opportunities.
* Participate in curriculum development and marketing for undergraduate and graduate programs.
* Direct and serve on graduate student committees.
* Participate in undergraduate student advising and mentoring of students for design competitions.
* Provide service to the department, college, and university.
* Be actively involved in relevant professional organizations and with industry entities.
Department and University: The Department of Consumer and Design Sciences has 20 faculty positions (16 full-time, tenured/tenure track and 4 lecturers), 630 undergraduates and 30 graduate students. Bachelor of Science programs are Apparel, Merchandising, Design and Production Management, with Apparel Design and Merchandising Options, Interior Design, and Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies. The graduate program offers masters (thesis and non-thesis) and doctoral degrees in Consumer and Design Sciences. Auburn University, a R1 land-grant institution with 31,000 students is located in the east Alabama city of Auburn, and has consistently been ranked by US News and World Report as one of the top 50 public universities in the United States. For more information see http://humsci.auburn.edu/cads/http://humsci.auburn.edu/cads/, and http://www.auburn.edu/http://www.auburn.edu/. Auburn University is understanding of and sensitive to the family needs of faculty, including dual-career couples http://www.auburn.edu/academic/provost/facultyjobs/http://www.auburn.edu/academic/provost/facultyjobs/.