Assistant Professor of Dance
Department of Dance
The Department of Dance at Kennesaw State University invites applications for a 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Dance starting August 2021. Candidates must possess a strong academic and/or professional background in Ballet and/or Modern dance and have strong choreographic skills.
We particularly encourage applicants with experience in equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility work within dance, and/or digital dance-making and technology integration in dance education.
- Candidates are expected to teach courses in Ballet and/or Modern dance and other topics in the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Candidates must develop and maintain a peer-reviewed body of creative and/or scholarly activity suitable for a tenure file.
- Candidates are expected to engage in institutional and professional service.
Required Qualifications Include:
- M.F.A., doctorate, or the foreign equivalent in Dance.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- A minimum of two years collegiate teaching experience is ideal, along with an established record of professional experience in the field.
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit