Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is seeking a Junior Videographer to join the Online Communications & Design team and be part of a thoughtful and energetic organization. The ideal candidate is passionate at storytelling, video production and editing, and is able to manage multiple video projects at once with competing deadlines.
Reporting to the Senior Multimedia Producer, the Junior Videographer will be responsible for producing and editing video content that showcases and strengthens Simmons' brand and reputation locally, nationally, and globally. The Junior Videographer will work on priority projects related to marketing, institutional, admission, advancement, and student life goals.
- Pitch, storyboard, script, coordinate, produce, film, and edit video projects that support key University goals for internal and external distribution;
- Meet with stakeholders to establish project goals;
- Coordinate filming with subjects, providing direction as needed during filming;
- Apply fundamentals of lighting, sound recording, and video production when filming;
- Edit videos, using original or archived video footage, to tell concise, impactful, and visually pleasing stories;
- Prepare content for distribution, including media, transcripts, thumbnails, captions, and audio described videos;
- Photograph, sort, edit and deliver photos for Simmons University marketing materials.
Required Application Materials
Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required;
- 1-2 years of professional experience in video production and editing required;
- Experience storytelling across media (video, photography, audio);
- Experience editing using Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro;
- Ability to create graphics in either Photoshop or Illustrator;
- Ability to apply lighting and audio recording fundamentals for each video production;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with deadlines;
- Experience in organizing media assets on a server or shared drive;
- Knowledge of editing video for social media platforms preferred;
- Experience with performance tracking and analytics preferred;
- Ability to manage projects in a project management system a plus;
- Animation skills a plus.
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Junior-Videographer_R07437-2
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.