Istanbul Gelisim University (IGU)
Hiring PhDs in Gastronomy
- High monetary incentives for quality Academic publications,
- Recently established a modern skyscraper campus,
- Over 1100 fulltime staff
- Over 30 000 graduate and undergraduate students
- The highest number of internationally accredited programs in Turkey
- Opportunity to live in Istanbul; one of the most amazing cities of the world.
Assistant Professors (PhD) and/or Associate or Full Professors (PhD) in:
Gastronomy; or in following related disciplines.
2. Food Engineering
3. Tourism Administration
4. Gastronomy and Culinary Arts
5. Food Hygiene and Technology
6. Food Science
8. Nutrition and Dietetics
- Doctoral degree in Gastronomy field or in related disciplines;
- Candidates with research and project experience is preferred.
- Candidates who have research and project writing experience are preferred.
- Good publications and research record in SCI/SSCI in peer-reviewed journals ( minimum 5 papers )
- Experience in technology, innovation, entrepreneurship, and project management are also preferred.
- Having an international language certificate in English :
- TOEFL iBT ( minimum 96 ) CPE ( minimum C ) CAE ( minimum A ) PTE ( minimum 78 )
1. Application letter, including a brief description of:
- Current research interests and research plans for the immediate future.
- The current and planned focus in academic teaching and the supervision of young researchers
3. List of publications / conferences / projects / citations / index screen
- Applicant’s publications / projects on the field (Internet link for download or electronic submission of summaries in PDF versions)
- List of lectures given at international conferences
4. Copies of documents and certificates
5. The names of the courses you can teach
-Low weekly teaching load.
-Expected to conduct in research/publication/ projects