The primary responsibilities for this position include teaching undergraduate level courses, conducting research, student advising, student mentoring and recruitment, curriculum development, conducting scholarly activities and all other activities. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, engaging in accreditation procedures, program assessment and service to the department, College and University as needed.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate students.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional organizations and conferences.
- Engage in scholarly activities.
- Collaborate with members of the business community to improve programs, to develop new programs, and to provide student access to learning opportunities such as internships.
- Supervise undergraduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
- Participate in campus and community events.
- Act as advisers to student organizations.