The Office of Admissions recruits potential applicants and selects students for the School of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts (SMFA) at Tufts University. The Admissions team embraces the mission of the university and the goals of the admissions office which include attracting and enrolling a diverse cohort of students via a robust recruitment and enrollment initiatives plan that has equity and inclusion as its guiding principle. For graduate admissions, the office designs and manages outreach initiatives on behalf of the graduate faculty in 30 departments with over 60 masters’, doctoral and certificate programs as well as coordinates all aspects of application processing for these programs.
What You'll Do
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter.
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions is a member of the SMFA at Tufts Admissions team and focuses primarily on the graduate enrollment objectives set by the Dean for the School. This role works with the Director of SMFA Admissions, the Tufts Graduate Admissions team, and the SMFA at Tufts Graduate Programs staff on the coordination of specific recruitment initiatives such as marketing and event planning, and reports to the Director of SMFA Admissions. The Assistant Director will also handle the below duties:
- Read and evaluate application materials for admission to SMFA’s graduate programs
- Assist with the coordination of the selection process through work with the faculty selection committee
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews, information sessions, and tours for prospective SMFA graduate students
- Contribute to print material design and year-round social media and email campaigns
- Develop expertise in the Slate admissions management platform to enhance and support targeted travel and portfolio-based responsibilities
- Plan travel and participation in school fairs, portfolio days, and program visits both virtually and during travel to assigned geographic recruitment territories
- Engage with ongoing anti-racist work which includes examination of admissions policies that inhibit access and equity.
- The Assistant Director will also participate in occasional SMFA undergraduate recruitment events.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree and 2+ years of experience in admissions, college counseling or related field OR degree in another field and 3-5 years directly related experience in the visual arts
- Proficiency with CRM data management software and Microsoft Office suite
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Valid US Driver’s license
- MFA degree
- 3-5 years experience in higher education administration
- Familiarity with Slate admissions platform
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This is a hybrid position expected to work from campus, from home, and from various locations while traveling on behalf of the university.
Minimum $51,400.00, Midpoint $64,250.00, Maximum $77,100.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.