The University of Wisconsin-Stout invites applications for an Assistant Professor position in Video Production commencing fall of 2021. This position will support the Bachelor of Science in (B.S) Video Production as well as further interdisciplinary collaboration between faculty and students aligned with other programs across the University, such as the many BFA programs in the School of Art & Design. This is a tenure-track, 9-month academic year position. Primary expectations include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, creative research, and service to the University. Program faculty are excited to welcome a new member to the team.
Minimum / Required
- Master’s degree in related field, and minimum three (3) years of professional experience in a field relevant
to video production or a combination of teaching and industry experience equivalent to three (3) years
- Expertise using industry standard video production tools/software and processes
- Expertise using industry standard video post-production tools/software and processes
- Evidence of potential for teaching excellence
- Terminal degree (M.F.A., Ph.D., etc.) in an area of expertise relevant to Video Production
- Professional video production experience
- Applied knowledge of professional video camera operation
- Applied knowledge of still photographic tools and technologies
- Interdisciplinary teaching / research experience
- Interest in partnering with industry
- Interest in leadership opportunities
Terminal degree (M.F.A., Ph.D., etc.) required for tenure and promotion, unless by special exception process.