The Department of Motion Design Faculty
Full-Time Faculty Appointment with Benefits
The Motion Design Department: To meet the needs of an expanding academic vision and a growing student body, Ringling College is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time faculty position in Motion Design (MD) to teach courses in a curriculum that focuses broadly on the intersection of design and animation. The department has a supportive, collegial faculty and flexible curriculum that strongly values excellence. The MD department has robust support dedicated to using the most current technology.
Included among the Duties and Responsibilities of this position are: ability to teach with hands on knowledge and experience designing and animating for motion, within a structure of three courses or nine credits per semester. Ongoing commitment to creative work/scholarship in the profession is expected and active participation with faculty, department and college service is required. This is a full-time appointment with benefits. The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The anticipated start date is August 2021.
(Minimum Qualifications) Include evidence of:
- Either a Master’s degree in Motion Design, Animation, Graphic Design or a related field, OR a 4-year professional degree in art or design and five years of significant experience designing and animating in the motion design industry that demonstrates expertise appropriate for teaching across a menu of MD courses.
- Proficiency with current software products relevant to the area with Adobe products such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
- An ability to clearly communicate and work effectively with faculty, students and administrators.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative educational environment.
(Preferred Qualifications) Include evidence of:
- A MFA or other terminal degree or its equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Successful college level teaching.
- 3D design and animation expertise in tools such as Cinema 4D or Maya.
(Special Instructions to Applicants)
Required materials include cover letter incorporating experiences that address the position requirements; resume or CV; employment history; contact information of three references (names, titles, email and telephone numbers); examples of personal work and a unofficial transcript copy of the most relevant degree. Official transcripts will be will be required upon hire. Student work examples may also be submitted, if available. Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials if needed.
For portfolio, you have the option to upload electronic documents/images, up to 5 MB, or a URL.
General questions regarding the job application process may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on-line https://ringling.simplehire.com