- Full time, Fixed Term, 3 years, with with the possibility of extension. 0.7 FTE research and 0.3 FTE teaching
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in architectural technology, construction and sustainable design
- Academic Level A research-focused role. Base salary, $79,784 - 107,516 + 17% superannuation
The School of Architecture, Design and Planning has a strong record in teaching architecture and architectural science and is recognized as an international leader in research in this field.
We are now recruiting a fixed-term Postdoctoral Researcher to support a broad range of architectural technology and sustainability research projects. They will conduct research and/or scholarly activities under the limited supervision of senior academic staff and they will assist in the development and management of research projects that investigate regenerative design and technology in the built environment, including developing smart facades components, undertaking energy analysis, and applying innovative approaches to building performance (e.g., AI, machine learning).
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will also contribute to education by teaching and tutoring in architectural technology design-based subjects.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- assisting in the development of existing research projects on energy simulations, building performance and façade innovation.
- conducting literature searches using relevant databases, applying energy modelling and simulation approaches, and analysing data drawing upon statistical methods.
- working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- supervising research assistants.
- coordinating, incorporating, and communicating research - both individual and with collaborative teams.
- actively contributing to, and taking a leading role in, organising and promoting seminars and workshops in relation to these projects (including communication, logistics, web content, and managing social media feeds).
- tutoring in a number of architectural technology and design-based subjects, developing innovative teaching approaches.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned with these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
- completed a PhD in architecture, architectural science or building physics, with a background in architecture and design.
- demonstrated knowledge and an emerging profile in one of the research areas: sustainable design, energy modelling, architectural technology or construction.
- experience in writing scientific publications.
- demonstrated experience in working in collaborative environments.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions
which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion
and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
, people living with a disability
, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
, and those who identify as LGBTIQ
. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications
How to apply
Please click here to apply
The University of Sydney