The Assistant Dean for Advising & Assessment holds a full-time, 12-month administrative appointment, providing administrative oversight for student academic services, academic advising, student learning outcomes assessment, and data initiatives in the College of Arts + Architecture (CoA+A). The position reports to and supports the CoA+A Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide leadership in these areas:
(1) student academic services (academic advising, student success, retention, progression, graduation) across all units in the college;
(2) developing assessment strategies and processes to help the college define, achieve and document its student learning outcomes, including Prospect for Success program;
(3) compiling, analyzing, visualizing, and communicating data to inform and support the college’s strategic goals;
(4) managing and providing guidance on technology systems related to advising, student data, student learning outcomes, graduation initiatives, strategic plan updates, curricular change, etc.;
(5) coordinating college participation in recruitment events coordinated by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions;
(6) collaborating across college, academic divisions, and the UNC System in advising, assessment, and compliance duties, and to support the academic units in meeting university goals; e.g. ., graduation initiatives, regional accreditations, evaluation of student learning outcomes, enrollment management and others as needed;
(7) working with Associate Dean for Academic Affairs on implementation of university initiatives.
(8) serving on appropriate University committees and working groups;
(9) participating in external and national organizations engaged in research on academic advising, student learning outcomes, assessment, accreditation, pre- and post-graduation (alumni).