The college of Architecture, Art, and Design at Ajman University is seeking a faculty member to serve in a full-time capacity in the department of Architecture. A Ph.D. in Architectural Engineering or Architecture is required. Preference will be given to those with expertise in Design, Computation, generative design, and/or construction robotics. The successful candidate will teach and conduct research and consultation and participate in scholarly publications related to the scope of the College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and deliver courses to students in specified discipline areas of study, considering and aiming to achieve the five (5) fundamental
standards of the University, are: Teaching, Research, Training, Expertise, and Practice.
- Evaluate and monitor individual student progress and provide feedback to sustain student success.
- Research, organize and manage instructional resources, course outlines, and community networks.
- Provide consultative expertise as a subject matter expert to the local industry through pre-approved partnership projects by the
- Ensure a respectful and culturally sensitive learning environment in all college-focused activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization and community.
- Motivate and inspire confidence in others (students and colleagues) to overcome limitations to personal growth and success.
- Ensure required training equipment and supplies are set up in advance and materials are available.
- Actively seek out methods, procedures, and resources to best achieve course and lesson objectives.
- Support and participate in accreditation initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with students that are conducive to learning.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Advise students on study progression.
- Perform research and scholarly activities related to the area of expertise.
- Teach courses as assigned by the department.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Ph.D. Degree directly related to the field of instruction specified.
The applicant should be a graduate of accredited universities, which use credit hours system, and English language as a medium of instruction.
Teaching experience in higher education institutes.
Excellent English language command as it is the medium of teaching.