The College of Architecture Art and Design invites applications for faculty position starting in academic year 2020-2021 as Assistant/Associate Professor. The successful candidate will have a B.Arch, and a terminal degree in Architecture, Construction management, or Architectural Engineering and should have a track record in teaching and scholarly activities. The position is open to all disciplines within the department of Architecture. However, preference will be given to those with construction engineering and construction management background. The new member is expected to participate in course development, peer reviewed publications, and service to the college and the university.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and deliver courses to students in specified discipline areas of study, considering and aiming to achieve the five (5) fundamental standards of the University, those are: Teaching, Research, Training, Expertise and Practice.
- Evaluate and monitor individual student progress and provide feedback to sustain student success.
- Research, organize and manage instructional resources, courses outlines, and community networks.
- Provide consultative expertise as a subject matter expert to the local industry through pre-approved partnership projects by the University.
- Ensure a respectful and culturally sensitive learning environment in all college focused activities.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships across the organization and community.
- Motivate and inspire confidence in others (students and colleagues) to overcome limitations to personal growth and success.
- Ensure required training equipment and supplies are set up in advance and materials are available.
- Actively seek out methods, procedures and resources to best achieve course and lesson objectives.
- Support and participate in accreditation initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with students that are conducive to learning.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Terminal degree (e.g. Ph.D.) directly related to the field of instruction specified.
- Applicant should be a graduate of accredited universities in which English language is the medium of instruction.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in higher education institutes.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of admissions standards.
- Knowledge of program accreditation requirements and standards
- Familiarity with the "Credit Hour" academic system
- Ability to supervise student work
- Ability to provide academic advising for students
- Ability to work effectively with diverse team members.
- Knowledge of academic program planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS).