POSITION Lecturer/ Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professor, Architecture
SCHOOL College of Engineering
REPORTS TO Department Chair; College Dean
Technological progress and scientific discoveries have made economic activity mostly knowledge-based and have accelerated growth. It is only possible to meet all the challenges thus imposed, through decisions that are mainly based on research and studies that take into consideration the problems but also anticipate future trends and global expectations. Decision makers are in dire need for research and in-depth and futuristic studies that produce enlightened recommendations and help make the most suitable choices, while avoiding risks and overcoming challenges.
Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies. Based on its vision and mission in serving the local and international communities, and with the expertise, potential and facilities supporting scientific research and studies, and outreach activities, the University is inviting applications for the faculty positions in the Architecture Department in the College of Engineering.
The members of PMU’s Architecture faculty will:
- Carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- Work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- Integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- Promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- Play a significant role in the design, development, and planning of courses and programs within the subject area as required.
- Play a significant role in the review of courses and programs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- Develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- Provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- Provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
- Maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- Participate in the comprehensive advisement of students majoring in the College.
- Contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- Contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- Participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- Participate in the recruitment, management, development, and mentoring of colleagues, as required.
- Perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice Rector, or Rector.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
Suitable candidates should have earned a PhD or MS in Architecture, Architectural Science or Architectural Engineering from an accredited institution.
Suitable candidates should have a minimum teaching experience of 4 years at university level as well as a record of research and publication, with verifiable architectural design and professional practice experience is preferable.
Suitable candidates should be proficient in Computer Aided Design software. Proficiency in AutoCAD, 3D MAX, Photoshop, Sketch Up, and others is a top priority.
Suitable candidates should possess knowledge of industry software applications relevant to the discipline, and an Architecture license preferred.
Suitable candidates are expected to have excellent command of the English Language and should be familiar with technology infused academic environments.
Suitable candidates applying for a position of Associate / Full Professor, candidates must provide a letter of promotion from an academic institution with a documented due process to the rank of Associate / Full Professor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
Suitable candidates should have a focus on following areas:
- Designing climate-responsive and high-performance buildings.
- Sustainable architecture, building performance
- Sustainable urbanism and housing
- Construction materials and methods, life cycle assessment
- Design and use of materials
- Architectural structures and structural systems
- Design visualization and graphic design.
- BIM management and architectural computing
- Architectural briefs, human factors, or human subjects research
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please email@example.com (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.