To carry out research, teaching and administration within the Visual Communication Department for our colleges in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Monitor and endeavor to maintain high student morale and motivation at all times, both in the Employee’s specific classes and the School in general.
2. Work as necessary to achieve the successful day-to-day operation of classes and the maximum progress of students under the responsibility of the Employee.
3. Assist in maintaining general school discipline and the overall operational stability, integrity and professional image of the School.
4. Monitor and enforce student attendance and punctuality.
5. Counsel individual students regarding attendance, punctuality, academic progress, professional development, and behaviour as required and in co-operation with the Programme Director, Administration and Student Services Manager, Principal/Vice Dean, and College President.
6. Liaise with parents or employers if necessary and appropriate and provide both informal and formal school reports as required.
7. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
8. Advise/notify the Programme Director, Principal/Vice Dean, or Administration and Student Services Manager on any matter of which you are aware which relates either directly or indirectly to your teaching position, school programmes and/or curriculum, school equipment, students, or general school matters.
9. Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to individual students. Student matters are considered to be confidential and are to be discussed on a professional basis with senior staff only (Programme Director, Principal, Administration and Student Services Manager). Student matters of a confidential, personal, or sensitive nature are not to be a general topic of discussion between staff.
10. Assist with school promotional activities (Open House, Trade Shows, Education Fairs, etc.) as proposed by the School, both in and out of normal school hours.
11. Be available to students outside normal class hours for questions and individual consultant for a reasonable period of time each week. Times can be set in conjunction with the Programme Director.
12. Be diligent in conducting of classes. The Employee will be punctual for classes and other activities, ensure complete class sessions according to course schedules and notify the School (except in emergencies) as early as possible with respect to absences.
1. Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Visual Communications or equivalent.
2. At least 5 years’ industry experience with a credible portfolio.
3. Preferably 2 years lecturing experience in Animation, Design Principles, E-Commerce, Graphic / Multimedia Design, HTML, Internet Programming, Rendering, Survey of Art, Video / Post Production, Web Design or any other relevant study areas.
4. Can adapt to a multi-cultural setting with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to handle students of different nationalities.