The Faculty of Applied Media provides effective teaching in one or more of the Applied Media disciplines (Graphic Design, Animation, Video Production, Applied Media, Corporate and Media Communication). In addition to teaching, the faculty plays a role in meeting the division research goals and objectives. Uses research activities to inform teaching and develop students' analytical and problem-solving skills. The candidate will play an active role in curriculum development, assessment, and evaluation. The Applied Media curriculum is delivered within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and their traditions. The faculty plays an important role in assisting with the development and preservation of system-wide and directorate-specific policies, and are viewed as active participants in academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the industry and community. The HCT offers professional development opportunities to its Faculty in both teaching and their area of expertise.
- Ph.D. Degree in Applied media or relevant discipline from a recognized educational institution
- Holders of Master of Fine Arts with 5 years of relevant experience may apply
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in one or more of the Applied Media disciplines (Graphic Design, Animation, Video Production, and Corporate and Media Communication)
- Applicable relevant industry experience is preferred
- Possess specialist knowledge and the ability to operate specialist programs and equipment
- Have current knowledge of industry practices, trends, and issues
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE's largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 25,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented male and female campuses across seven Emirates in the UAE. HCT employs more than 2,000 staff, from over 80 nationalities of diverse cultures from around the world who share professional practices and innovative ideas thereby enriching the HCT community.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Engineering Technology & Science, Computer Information Science, Applied Media, Business, Education, and Health Sciences
. These programs are designed in consultation with UAE business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards, and to empower students with skills to become technical leaders and entrepreneurs.
How to apply
If you are interested in working for the HCT, please apply for the position online by clicking this link: https://recruit.hct.ac.ae/webforms/ViewJobDetail.aspx?j=38334&h=0
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.