The Department of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies offers a collegial environment for thinking critically about histories and institutions of power. The department is committed to both student and faculty success. Individuals will find an intellectual and creative home at Tufts as well as an enthusiastic and engaged classroom environment.
What You'll Do
This is a part-time and benefits eligible position at 20 hours per week.
The Costume Shop Supervisor reports to the Costume Shop Director to assist in the realization of Tufts University Theatre, Dance, and Performance studies production. The Costume Shop Supervisor will handle the below duties:
- Assists with student safety training in the Costume Shop
- Oversees student workers
- Oversees scheduling of costume fittings
- Oversees costume alterations
- Sources and acquires costume purchases per designers needs
- Stocks Costume Shop as needed
- Makes purchases/returns as needed.Maintains costume schedules for each show
- Oversees paperwork for productions
What We're Looking For
- Superior organizational skills
- Proficiency in costume construction
- Desire to work in educational theatre with an undergrad focus
- Knowledge of theatrical costume practices
- Valid Driver's License
- Patterning/Draping experiences
- Industrial sewing machine knowledge
- Theatrical craft work
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary closer to production dates.
Minimum $25.80, Midpoint $30.95, Maximum $36.10
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.