Search for University Jobs in Fine Arts
Graphic Designer - School of the Arts
Utah Valley University
Graphic Designer - School of the Arts
: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University is looking for a graphic designer with heavy branding and editorial skills for the School of the Arts.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating digital/social ads, emails, print campaigns and assets, event signage, brochures, press kits, banners and billboards, magazine ads/inserts, social media content, end slate graphics, microsites, landing pages, statistical reports, catalogues, etc. This role includes overseeing the workload and outputs of two part-time student designers, to maintain efficient use of personnel resources and consistent brand representation.
The successful candidate will have a refined design aesthetic, well demonstrated through portfolio work. Together with the Director of Marketing, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the look and feel of UVU School of the Arts and the new Noorda Center for the Performing Arts. With a focus on print, digital and social-friendly graphical design treatments, their creative output must be current, relevant and on-brand.
Candidates will possess an acute understanding of how to optimize work for social media platforms and various online distribution channels. A keen hunger for (and understanding of) effective print and digital design is a must, from being the first to hear about new product updates and editing tools to researching industry news and design developments - all of which will help inform the strategy and creative direction of the School of the Art's channels.
Bachelors degree in a related discipline plus three years of professional level experience in Summary of Duties or equivalent education and experience totaling seven years required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional knowledge of graphic design and the creative process
- Deep knowledge of grid systems, typography, color, composition, and layout
- Experience creating social content for brands or agency
- Knowledge of the printing process, conducting press-checks, selecting paper, and using color effectively
- Experience telling a visual story capable of moving an audience to action
- Fluent with preparation and specifications of production art, including but not limited to digital art requirements, magazine and billboard pre-press requirements, etc.
- Versed in new methods and models for graphic design with efforts to maintain cutting-edge industry knowledge
- Understanding of branding, and how to work within, not only our department brand, but the brand of Utah Valley University
- Highly skilled in designing immersive experiences that consider movement, audio, animation, etc. in illustration, design, and typography
- Skill in computer applications, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Flash, Final Cut Pro, etc.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications
- Skill in motion graphics is a plus.
- Possesses a strong history of excellent design work, including an online portfolio or other collection of sample work
- Ability to produce professional illustrations by hand and on the computer
- Design effective and creative marketing assets for presentations, brochures, infographics, motion graphics, social media, signage, storyboards, direct mail, etc. Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
- Strong ability to adapt design styles, visual tones, etc. to a variety of shows and programs, each with a unique look, and feel, while still adhering to university and school brand guidelines
- Comfortable brainstorming in a group, iterating quickly, and communicating ideas across various levels of fidelity
- Comfortable collaborating frequently and easily with other creative roles (designers, developers, copywriters, photographers, etc.) and Marketing Managers in a cross-disciplined, agile marketing team
- Ability to jump between multiple projects with ease
- Comfort managing a personal task list in order to complete design projects on time
- Ability to personally accept, react positively to, and provide constructive feedback to other designers in an effort to better a design effort or campaign deliverable.
- Web design experience a plus
Graduation from an accredited institution in Art, Design, or other relevant degree AND 3 years of graphic design experience.
Agency experience (strongly preferred)
Experience working in arts, entertainment and media.
No or very limited physical effort required.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$36,319 - $48,425
School of the Arts
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/11337
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |