The German International University (GIU) and the German University in Cairo (GUC) cooperate in order to expand their campus in Berlin-Tegel as a hub for education and research cooperation with German and international partners in science and industry and to develop innovative courses of study and research that complement the activities of GUC. The language of instruction is English.
Located in the heart of the German capital, the state-recognized German International University (GIU) opens its doors to expand its academic family. The Faculty of Design invites applications for the following position effective September 2022 (or later). Appointments are possible also for 50% of the working time.
The successful candidate will engage in teaching, research, supervision and administrative duties. She/he will establish and lead a research group in the field of Product Design, actively promote graduate and undergraduate research, and attract third-party funded projects in any chosen areas of interest in Design. The professor should oversee the establishment of specific product design workshops as well as contribute to selected teaching and supervision on GUC Cairo campus to foster teaching and research collaboration.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant professional practices and design research, especially process-driven design approach
- Solid experience and a proven track record preferably in the following fields:
- Design of product systems, products and/or product related services.
- Design innovation, strategic design, design management, design for business.
- Sustainable design and interactive product design.
- The discipline of product design and adjacent disciplines, i.e. service design, industrial design.
- Successful use of CAD and modeling techniques.
- Fundamentals of materials science and manufacturing technologies.
- Track record of collaboration, ability to attract funding, and successful supervision.
- Proven teaching and practical expertise in all areas of product design, i.e. analysis, concept development, iterative design processes, requirements of design implementation.
- High capacity to develop pedagogical innovations and to manage a study program.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
- PhD in a relevant discipline would be a plus.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae including professional history, portfolio, a statement of research and teaching interests, a list of publications and projects undertaken, and the names of at least three referees. Inquiries and applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for better consideration kindly state the Job title in the subject.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For immediate consideration, submit applications Preferably 30th of June, 2022.
For more information, please visit http://www.giu-berlin.de.