University of Idaho
Dance Activity/ Techniques Instructor(s) (2020-2021 Academic Year)
College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
$825.00 - $1,333.00 per session, per semester
Instructing one-credit dance activity and/or technique course(s) for the Department of Movement Sciences. Each course section specializes in a specific dance area, varying from beginning to advanced levels.
DAN 105 activity courses are open to all university students and are graded as pass/fail. DAN 116/216/416/516 technique courses are standard graded courses that require a placement class before registration.
Some courses have sections of 116, 216, 416, and/or 516. In this case, these sections are taught jointly. Individuals may be hired for more than one course and may be asked to continue in subsequent semesters (contingent on successful evaluations).
Needs for Fall 2020:
DAN 105: Beginning Ballroom (Thursday 5:30-7:20p)
DAN 105: Beginning Hip Hop (Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-4:20p)
DAN 105: Beginning Ballet (Tuesday/Thursday 10:30-11:50a)
DAN 105: Beginning Contemporary Modern (Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-1:50p)
DAN 116/216/516: Ballet II (Monday/Wednesday 2:00-3:20p)
DAN 116/216/516: Modern II (Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-1:50p)
DAN 116/416: Ballet IV (Tuesday/Thursday 2:00-3:20p)
- At least two years of teaching experience in the specific skill area, or appropriate certification to teach in the skill area.
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent teaching experience in Dance, health & exercise, recreation, physical education, or related field.
- Masters degree and/or equivalent teaching experience in Dance, health & exercise, recreation, physical education, or related field.
- Appropriate certifications to supplement teaching in the specific skill area;
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Application review will start on May 15th, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.