Studio Manager - School of The Museum of Fine Arts
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more here.
What You'll Do
The Studio Manager manages and maintains a fine arts studio, including its facilities, affiliated classrooms, analog and digital equipment, processes, documentation and training, and inventory of materials and supplies. The Studio Manager ensures that the studio is equipped, supplied, and configured to support the academic and creative goals of faculty and student users. The Studio Manager provides educational consulting services to faculty, students, and staff, to support them with complex and technically advanced projects and assignments from initial concept to final product. S/he also monitors and maintains health, safety and security of studio facilities and ensures compliance with all relevant health and safety standards and regulations. A Studio Manager may provide a specialized technical service in which clients order a specific product and the Studio Manager is responsible for the independent production of the deliverable to the customer’s specifications.
What We're Looking For
• Knowledge and skills typically acquired by completing a Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or a related field or equivalent professional experience.
• 3-5 years of related professional experience related to studio area
• Work independently and troubleshoot problems with minimal supervision
• Proficient written, verbal and interpersonal skills in order to work pleasantly and tactfully with a diverse community; including fellow employees, faculty, students and staff.
• Strong communication, collaboration, organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload and schedule in a wide variety of settings and situations.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver professional customer service, end user training and consultation, effective team and project work.
• Master’s degree in the fine arts or related field
• Experience in delivering training or instruction