Multiple Positions in Building Technology, Construction, and Design
College of Architecture, Planning and Public Affairs
The University of Texas at Arlington
The School of Architecture (SOA)in the College of Architecture, Planning, and Public Affairs (CAPPA), at the University of Texas at Arlington, invites applications for multiple positions in Building Technology, Construction and Design at the level of Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, non-TT Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice, or non-TT Senior Lecturer.
In support of a multi-year plan to advance the building technology curriculum, The SOA is seeking individuals to bring expertise through research, teaching, innovation in structural design, sustainable materials and methods, and contributing to design studio. Successful candidates will show potential to substantively contribute to the discipline of architectural design, develop innovative pedagogy, and curricular integration. Candidates will be expected to teach in the core technical sequence which can include courses in construction, structures, building technology, and/or integrated design studio.
Applicants should have an established or developing agenda of scholarship and an articulated, distinct line of inquiry as it contributes to the making of architecture. Evidence of collaborative work is encouraged.
- An Accredited and terminal degree in architecture, engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated teaching experience with the potential for excellence
- Tenure-Track candidates must also demonstrate the ability to develop curriculum for building technology courses.
- A PhD or advanced research degree in a relevant area of expertise
- Professional licensure
- Evidence of professional experience, particularly in designing steel and concrete systems
- Evidence of excellence in teaching integrated design studio
- Evidence of excellence in research and/or creative activity in one or more of the areas identified in the ad.
- Evidence of ability to obtain external research funding.
- Evidence of design, visual communication, and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a diverse context
Application Submission and Materials
For full ads and to apply, follow these position-specific links:
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/21530
Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice, or Senior Lecturer (non-Tenure-Track): https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/21531
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest including qualifications, current research focus, teaching pedagogy, and other relevant experience
- Examples of relevant academic and/or professional work
- Contact information for three references
Review of applications to begin immediately.
Questions may be addressed to Joshua Nason, firstname.lastname@example.org.