The School of Film and Animation (SOFA) is inviting applications for a Tenure Track faculty position in Animation. We seek an active artist dedicated to the education of filmmakers/animators. The candidate should demonstrate substantial aptitude in 2D animation and production. Courses will involve teaching undergraduate and graduate students the aesthetics and techniques of digital animation production, history, and design. An extensive knowledge of animation filmmaking processes and current and emerging technologies in the animation art form is important. The successful candidate is committed to teaching animation production and is capable of inspiring a critical and inventive environment in the classroom.
The candidate should have demonstrable experience in pre-production and production techniques and processes, story structure, and commercial or independent animation production. Proficiency in at least two of the following areas are expected: 2D digital character animation, concept art, and/or character design and animation history. The candidate will be expected to cover a full teaching load consisting of both undergraduate and graduate courses in filmmaking, animation technique, and creative production practices.
Applicants with broad-based expertise in animation and filmmaking practices and excellent writing and communication skills are encouraged to apply. Preferred knowledge of current applications relative to animation production, including: Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe After Effects, TV Paint, and the full Adobe Creative Suite.
- Teach five courses per year ranging from lower-division foundations to upper-division and graduate levels.
- Work with animation and film production faculty on program and curricular development.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in current animation trends.
- Advise students for thesis films and provide professional mentorship.
- Engage in scholarly activities/research within the arts, design, and media disciplines.
- University and departmental service and community outreach.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- MFA in animation or related field and considerable professional experience.
- College teaching experience beyond teaching assistantship.
- A portfolio to demonstrate a significant body of work in their field of expertise.
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the College’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
For position information and to apply, http://careers.rit.edu/faculty; Keyword Search 4137BR.
Please search other School of Film and Animation openings: 4027BR; 4063BR; 4075BR; 4095BR.