The Program of Interior Design invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate professor of Interior Design - to begin in Fall 2023.
Minimum qualifications include:
- A Master's degree in Interior Design, or Interior Architecture
- Ability to work within a diverse student and faculty population
- Previous college level teaching experience
- Previous professional experience in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Ability to teach both studio and lecture courses in a CIDA accredited curriculum
- High level of digital skills (Revit, rendering programs, familiarity with VR/AR/MR)
- An expertise in one or more of the following is highly valued: History of Interior Design and Architecture, Building Systems & Codes, Textiles/Resources and Materials, Hospitality Design
Preferred qualifications include:
- NCIDQ certification
- Familiarity with the American educational system
- Evidence of scholarship
Candidates will have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to meet standards for personal professional scholarship, and assist in student advising, curriculum development and other service to the department, school, and community.
Candidates must have gone through the equivalency process with the Ministry of Education.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements:
- Letter of interest clearly stating how you fulfill the needs of this posting
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Teaching and/or professional portfolio or link to online portfolio
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Please submit your application at the following link:
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.