The College of Arts and Sciences (College) at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, is seeking an innovative leader to serve as Director of the Arts Collaboratory, a new and exciting initiative bringing arts together to increase visibility, encourage fluidity among disciplines, and promote interconnections. The Arts Collaboratory will further elevate our artists and artists-in-training. When fully realized, the Arts Collaboratory will incorporate dynamic physical facilities, develop visionary programming that emphasizes collaboration, enhance experiential learning opportunities, and promote vibrant community engagement.
As inaugural Director of the Arts Collaboratory, you will:
* Lead the vision and strategy including formation, communication, and implementation. Strategies should be aligned to bring together arts departments and the broader College and University.
* Facilitate and build consensus, nurturing a culture of shared goals through collaborative leadership of the steering team including Arts Department Chairs, Arts Cognizant Associate Deans, Dean’s Office designees, Director of Arts support organizations, and the College Director of Communication and Marketing.
* Oversee major Collaboratory initiatives and events.
* Develop strong community, organization, and alumni relationships, in conjunction with the College, University Development, and Research & Sponsored Programs, that lead to significant funds and support for the Arts at UB.
* Prepare and manage budgets for initiatives and activities that are sponsored at the Arts Collaboratory level working together with the Steering Committee.
* Build strong relationships with community partners and organizations in the fastest growing arts community in the U.S. founded on a spirit of collaboration, mutual respect, strong communication, and synergy leading to win-win solutions and initiatives.
* Develop approaches and processes that optimize the use of our significant arts facilities, either on- or off-campus, to best serve departmental and Collaboratory goals and vision.
The College of Arts and Sciences is a large college, with a small college feel. We are the largest academic unit at the University at Buffalo, with 27 departments and 16 academic programs, 23 centers and institutes, two art galleries, and major theater and music performance venues. We provide education and scholarship in the Liberal Arts and Sciences to the University, the Western New York community and the world at large.
Our faculty members have received Guggenheim fellowships, CAREER awards from the National Science Foundation, and recognition from the National Endowment for the Humanities. Our students are committed to scholarship and community. The undergraduate student to faculty ratio is 13:1, and many undergraduates participate in performance, research, or laboratory work with faculty members.
About the University at Buffalo: A flagship institution in the State University of New York system, UB is the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus SUNY system. A member of the Association of American Universities, UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence.