Assistant/Associate Professor of Communication and Information Studies (Information and Communication Studies)
The Mohammad Bin Rashid School of Communication (MBRSC) at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant / Associate Professor of Communication & Information Studies to begin teaching in Fall 2019.
The successful candidate will have:
- Doctorate in Communication from a Western accredited institution at the time of appointment;
- Previous teaching experience at a graduate level in a Western higher education system with high ratings of teaching effectiveness;
- A demonstrated record of research publication and/or professional experience in media studies;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to be an active team player and a contributor to the continuous improvement in the Mohammed Bin Rashid School for Communication.
The applicants should be qualified to teach Communication, Media Research, Media Economics, and Media Law and Ethics. Candidates should have solid teaching and/or research credentials in the study of the aforementioned subjects across various platforms, with a focus on the Arab region. Responsibilities will include teaching basic and advanced courses in English in an evolving curriculum. A Ph.D. is a must.
MBRSC presently offers the Bachelor of Communication and Information Studies degree with
majors in Journalism /Digital Production and Storytelling, and a Master of Art in Leadership and Innovation in Contemporary Media.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children’s tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.