Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
College Laboratory Technician
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Department of Music, Multimedia, Theatre, and Dance in the School of Arts and Humanities at Lehman College is a vibrant performing arts department focused on training creative artists of the future. Sixteen full-time faculty teach in areas that include all areas of performing arts theory and practice, with a new emphasis on multimedia and digital applications. The department seeks technical support and oversight for its inventory of musical equipment, including instruments (acoustic and electronic) as well as instructional support equipment. The technician will support students and faculty in their use of digital audio workstations and classroom technology along with instruments and equipment used in regular rehearsals and performances.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Maintain equipment and assist faculty and students in the multimedia project lab.
- Manage inventory of instruments and audio equipment.
- Provide oversight for work-study students and students in courses related to music.
- Manage set-up and take-down of audio equipment for performances and campus events.
- Record and photograph departmental events, maintain departmental archive, and prepare files for publicity projects.
- Assist with departmental publicity initiatives including social media and electronic communications.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years’ related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for four years experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Music including experience with audio equipment, digital audio workstations, current audio software and hardware. Some experience with marketing, community outreach, and social media strategies highly desirable.
$48,756 – $60,561; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: email@example.com. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
May 31, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.