VISITING ARTIST IN RESIDENCE OF MUSIC THEATRE, SPRING TERM 2020
Elon University’s Department of Performing Arts seeks to hire a Visiting Artist in Residence of Music Theatre for a one semester, non-tenure track position for Spring term 2020. This individual will teach the Sophomore level "Musical Theatre Performance" class (acting through song) to 2nd year musical theatre majors, as well as direct our production of "Violet". The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to collaborate with department colleagues on productions and in the delivery of classroom curriculum, and a dedication to fostering an equitable and inclusive environment for all.
- Master’s degree or higher, and/or significant current professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to direct high-quality musicals
- University level teaching experience preferred
- Ability to choreograph musicals is a plus
- Teach two sections of Sophomore level "Musical Theatre Performance" (acting through song)
- Direct our production of "Violet"
- Attend department meetings and events
- Positively contribute to the department through service opportunities
Dates of Residency: February 3-May 19, 2020. Must also be available to visit campus for auditions for "Violet" several weeks prior to production.
Located in beautiful central North Carolina, our Music Theatre Program is often listed as one of the top programs in the country. We offer conservatory-style training grounded in the liberal arts and sciences. Our students enjoy small class sizes and ample individual attention, and our alumni are finding success all over the industry.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of three references; name, phone number, and email
- Link to website or professional reel is helpful but not required
Please send all materials to GA-Spring2020@elon.edu by July 8 for full consideration. Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants. Competitive salary and a housing stipend provided. Please contact Kimberly Rippy, Program Assistant and Coordinator of Auditions and Interviews, Department of Performing Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.