The School of Architecture, Art and Design at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Graphic Design or Advertising to begin teaching in Fall 2019.
The successful candidate will have:
- MFA or other terminal degree in Graphic Design, Advertising (creative) or a related field from a Western accredited institution with at least 18 graduate credit hours in graphic design or equivalent foreign institution at the time of appointment.
- Strong skills in graphic design/ art direction specialties are required.
- Ability to integrate digital aspects of design into teaching is required.
- Ability to teach Arabic typography as well as bilingual graphic design and art direction courses with regionally and culturally relevant content is preferred.
- Experience teaching all academic levels and ability to instruct each level accordingly.
- Professional experience in the visual communication industry: advertising or graphic design is required.
- Ability to meet course and program outcomes while working with the Chair, the program coordinator and the full team of academics.
Candidates will have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to meet standards for personal creative production or professional scholarship, and assist in student advising, curriculum development and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children’s tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to email@example.com.
Statement of teaching philosophy
Portfolio with examples of professional work and, if having taught, student work from courses taught (ideally ten of each)
Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.