The Faculty of Applied Media provides effective teaching in one or more of the Applied Media disciplines (Graphic Design, Animation, Fashion Design and Merchandising, Video Production, Applied Media and Corporate and Media Communication). In addition to teaching, the faculty plays a role in meeting the division research goals and objectives. Uses research activities to inform teaching and develop students analytical and problem solving skills. The candidate will play an active role in curriculum development, assessment and evaluation. The Applied Media curriculum is delivered within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and their traditions. The faculty plays an important role in assisting with the development and preservation of system-wide and directorate-specific policies, and are viewed as active participants in academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the industry and community.
Education and Qualifications:
- PhD Degree in Applied media or relevant discipline from an approved institution
- Holders of Master of Fine Arts with 5 years of relevant experience may apply
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in one or more of the Applied Media disciplines (Graphic Design, Animation, Video Production, and Corporate and Media Communication)
- Applicable relevant industry experience is preferred
- Possess specialist knowledge and the ability to operate specialist programs and equipment
- Have current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues